Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
25.03.20 – Update regarding Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick’s Coronavirus checklist
The Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick has provided this checklist to help workers and businesses how to operate:
- If you can work from home, you must do so
- If that is impossible, you can go to work
- But if you are in the work place – you should adhere to social distancing guidelines
We are therefore again reiterating to all staff the importance of Social Distancing and Hygiene measures whilst at the workplace or working at our clients sites. You can read more here
24.03.20 – Update following Prime Ministers’ Announcement
To support the Prime Ministers’ announcement last evening of strict new measures in the UK to limit the spread of coronavirus, we are implementing the following as of today:
Office Based Staff: – As of today we are implementing a plan to work from home until further notice.
Warehouse & Engineers: – All staff involved in the operation of the business, will continue going about their daily routine where possible, but complying with new workplace social distancing measures as they are set out by the Government.
At present we are taking the view that our Operations work is necessary, especially serving our customers in essential services, and also the supply of our food and beverage products.
We will continue to evaluate the situation as it unfolds, and only onsite skeletal staff will be required ongoing to ensure the operations of the company are adequately covered.
We are committed to standing by our valued staff and customers in this difficult time, we are all in this together.
Thank you for your understanding and support in this unprecedented time.
18.03.20 – Statement regarding Coronavirus and Wellbeing Group
The safety and well-being of our customers and of our colleagues is of the utmost importance. While the situation around Coronavirus keeps evolving, we’re closely monitoring government and official public health organisation announcements for guidance, and we want to let you know the actions we are taking.
The Coronavirus outbreak is clearly an evolving situation here in the UK and is a source of uncertainty for us all.
Here at Wellbeing Group we are monitoring the situation every day. We are committed to continue serving our customers with a full service, especially those involved in the supply of essential services, for as long as possible. Should restrictions come into place, that might reduce some aspects of our business, we will update on this when it happens.
In the meantime, we want to update you on the actions we are proactively taking;
Strict Internal Hygiene Policies:
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, hand washing facilities and gloves have been provided to all our engineers and warehouse staff
- We are sanitising all touchpoints such as door handles and taps twice a day, issuing all staff guidance for desk sanitisation.
- We continue to ensure we are all regularly washing our hands
- Our engineers have been instructed to wash their hands on entering and leaving a premise, and be vigilant to other organisation’s specific guidelines
- Breaks and lunchtimes have been staggered to eliminate close contact in break-out areas.
- We’re asking staff to maintain a distance of 1-metre, and an empty chair policy is in place for internal meetings to ensure adequate space between colleagues.
- We are restricting all non-essential travel for staff
Supply Chain Security:
We also want to take this opportunity to reassure our customers that we have plenty of stocks of coffee supplies and consumables, and have taken steps to safeguard the supply of our products. We are in regular contact with our suppliers to ensure stock levels can keep up with demand and we will continue to monitor the situation daily with our key suppliers. If anything changes, we will inform you.
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. The entire team at Wellbeing Group is committed to providing you with exceptional service. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at any time on 01905 337187.
Any further changes will be updated on our this page.
In the meantime we are keeping positive!