How To Decommission Your Hot Water Boiler
It is a time of uncertainty for us all and it is possible you may have to leave your Hot Water Boiler inactive for an unknown length of time.
We have put together these steps for decommissioning your machine. This will prevent any unwelcome odours, build-up of bacteria or risk of leaks whilst not in use.
- Switch OFF at the mains electric socket
- Next turn the water supply to the machine OFF, ideally at the point where we have taken the water supply off the mains. Normally this is a simple quarter-turn of the on/off tap. Various tap options in the ‘off’ position are shown below:
- Then drain as much water out of the machine as possible through the tap using a thermally insulated jug/mugs etc. TAKE CARE HOT WATER!
- When coming to use the machine again, please ensure to turn the water supply on BEFORE the power supply. This will prevent the inlet valve burning out.
- If the machine has not been in use for a few weeks, it is important ensure the machine is sanitised before put in to use again. Please contact us on 01905 337187 or email@example.com to arrange for this to be done.
For more detailed instructions with helpful images, please download our Hot Water Boiler Decommissioning Guide